Saturday, September 24, 2011

Let's get this party started


First of all, for those of you who are wondering, yes, the title of this entry is inspired by Pink.  Don’t ask me why, but it’s just what I was feeling at the time. 

I am sitting on the plane in Iceland waiting to take off.  I still am in disbelief that the summer has gone by so quickly and I am on my way to France for the year.  I’m also supes (and yes, I meant to type supes that way.  I figure if I have to write this stupid blog, I’m gonna write it exactly the way I talk.  So you all can get excited for that!) tired because it’s currently 2:30 according to my body but according to Iceland it’s actually 7:30.  And I didn’t sleep a minute on the first plane ride.  Oi vay.  That wasn’t fun.  However, I did make some good progress on my medical school applications on the last flight.  So I’m going to drink this fanta, and use this burst of awakeness that I’m currently feeling to try again to make progress on my apps.  Now, however, we are going to take off and I’m going to put my computer away.

Sitting on the plane.  My video screen sucks and the sound is all jenky.  So I’ve been rocking out to Ingrid Michaelson music, some pop music (god I love David Guetta), and kicking some serious application butt!  It’s now 3:56 WI time and I think my good ole college studying second wind has kicked in, and that’s why I’m cruising through these essays like nobody’s business.   I’ve got the essays for 3 more schools written, and they just need some SERIOUS editing.  But it’s that first draft that’s always the hardest right?

Side note, I got on this plane thinking it was going to be another 5.5 hour flight and to my very happy surprise it’s only 2hrs 50 min!!!! YES!!!  I think my antsy pants would have driven me absolutely crazy.  Back to the apps…ugh, I don’t want to do it anymore.  Wine wine wine, yes I would like some cheese with all my whining.   

There is now only 36 minutes left in this flight and I have the essays for 5 schools done!  I am satisfied with that!  Now it’s time to relax for a bit before I take on Paris.

FUN FACT:  apparently in Iceland it is socially acceptable and even normal to be drinking at 6:20am.  When we arrived at the airport literally 80% of the people sitting and waiting in the main area were already drinking, either beer or wine.  take that as you may, it just blew my mind.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how to do this but will try to figure it out. Emily, it is great to read this and find out how you are doing! I'll keep an eye on this to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I am happy that you are doing this, being your nosey mother, it helps me to know you are OK and I can know how you are doing without pestering you.

    ReplyDelete